Lincoln Military Housing Mold – How Lincoln Military Housing Prevents Mold Issues
Lincoln Military Housing has implemented an effective advanced program for inspecting, abolishing and preventing mold infestation through the assistance of several reputable experts of the mold-removal industry. For residential and commercial structures alike, these comprehensive mold treatment experts create safe atmospheres during the removal of all forms of mold infestation and origin sources. The pro-active measures introduced by Lincoln Military Housing work toward achieving and maintaining a mold-free environment.
Within the concepts of the Lincoln Military Housing Mold program, several measures and procedures are incorporated to produce thorough and secure mold removal solutions and preventive care.
Lincoln Military Housing Mold Clean-Up, Service and Preventive Care
- Provides intricate mold inspections and thorough diagnostic reports while practicing industry safety measures.
- Performs detailed and highly structured safe removal of all forms of mold including all microscopic fungi.
- Locates and diagnoses possible future mold risks such as water leakage and moisture collection areas while utilizing industry safety standards.
- Offers beneficial follow-up advice and helpful regular treatment regimens for achieving and maintaining mold-free habitats.
Lincoln Military Housing Mold General Tips and Suggestions
Avoiding mold in the household can be accomplished thoroughly and efficiently when attributing some very simple yet effective maintenance efforts. Applying the same supportive measures on a consistent basis assists in maintaining a healthy mold-free environment.
- Inspect the walls of your structure’s perimeter as well as all windows for intrusion of moisture.
- Inspect for mold conditions during particularly long periods of humid or damp weather conditions.
- Inspect any household appliances associated with structural perimeter exposure such as washers, dryers and air-conditioner concepts.
- Examine plumbing locales, insulation areas and duct-work for leaks. Properly sealing all tile and grout situated in high-moisture locations such as sink rims and bathrooms greatly assist in deterring mold growth.
- Home centers offer extremely affordable diagnostic equipment for gauging and detecting mold as well as an assortment of antimicrobial solutions and products.
- When suspecting possible mold growths, dilute one part bleach to every 15 parts of water and swab the growth with the water/bleach solution. When the swabbed growth dries lighter than the original appearance, mold may be present. Follow up the process by spraying and scrubbing the area with an antimicrobial spray.
Upon completion of all structural inspections and accompanying removal/treatment procedures, following many of the helpful suggestions will assist in maintaining an optimal mold-free environment.
Lincoln Military Housing Mold Reports
Reports of Lincoln Military Housing mold in Virginia have been in the news lately. While these reports are unfortunate, they have brought the possibility of mold infestation to the attention of many homeowners. Private associations and government entities all recommend that homeowners understand how to detect mold in their homes and know how to handle the situation if it is found.
Nearly 200 mold inspections took place in December 2011 after initial complaints of mold at the Navy living facilities operated by Lincoln Military Housing mold specialists. The company has formed a maintenance task force to visit the other 4,400 housing units operated by the company in the area.
What is Mold?
Mold is a type of microscopic fungus that can grow in large quantities when conditions are favorable. Mold is typically found outdoors in decaying leaves and other organic material, but it reproduces by releasing airborne spores that can make their way into homes. Mold growths appear as a discoloration of the surface on which they grow. The color varies by the type of mold, but common colors include brown, black, green, white and orange.
Mold grows in high humidity, so damp homes and homes with leaks that allow the wood to get wet provide an ideal habitat. Bathrooms, kitchens and garages are excellent places to check for mold, as well as spaces behind furniture and appliances.
How to Detect Mold
Mold is often detected by visual inspection, but at this stage, the growth may be serious, as the mold has probably been growing in hidden areas for some time before it moved into an area where it is easily spotted. Homeowners can check for mold by looking into enclosed spaces in various parts of the homes. Some mold also has a distinctive smell and one should call the office to schedule a comprehensive mold inspection.
The first step in treating mold is to remove as much of the moldy material as possible. Materials that cannot be moved, but are still structurally sound, can be cleaned with soap and disinfected with bleach.
After cleaning, preventative measures should be taken to ensure mold does not grow back. Preventative measures include keeping the area dry, clean and free of clutter. If mold continuously recurs after these steps are taken, it is recommended to contact your office for assistance.